Nelson Attractions & Activities
Nelson is a vibrant destination with year long summer living. It is the home of the internationally renown WOW ‘World of Wearable Art’ museum. Rimmed by several national parks in which a series of internationally acclaimed movies were recently filmed, it is the cauldron of art & craft in New Zealand.
Conference Delegate Accommodation
If proximity to some of Nelsons most unique conference venues is top of your priority list then you must consider Chelsea Park Motor Lodge. The motel is conveniently located just ten minutes from Nelson Airport in central Nelson city. We are just a 400m walk to the Rutherford Conference Centre. Offering free WIFI and Sky Guest Select 50+ in all of our beautifully appointed rooms, you will arrive at your conference refreshed and in touch with all that is going on in the world, at work and at home.
Local Attractions & Activities
A wide range of adventure activities are available, including whitewater rafting on the Buller River, wine trails, tandem skydiving, sea kayaking, four-wheel drive motorbiking, and hiking on some of the country’s best-known tracks. There is also a 35km, four-wheel drive trip along Farewell Spit, caving under Marble Mountain, and skiing or snowboarding the Rainbow ski area.
Lee’s picks for the “Perfect Nelson Day Out”
- Climb the steps to the geographical Centre of New Zealand, right here in the centre of the city. Followed by lunch at a Hardy Street Cafe and afternoon massage & spa treatment.
- If its Saturday – the famous Nelson Market in Montgomery Square, followed up with some retail therapy in the city and “Fashion Island” – Nelson’s shoe shops are to die for!
- Catch the sea shuttle to the Abel Tasman National Park. Renowned for its golden beaches,sculptured granite cliffs, and its world-famous coastal walking track, it also has a mild climate and is a good place to visit at any time of the year. After a few hours hiking you have earned a nice cool beverage on the beach front at Kaiteriteri.
- Drive to Mapua for brunch, then tour the Wineries and Arts & Crafts trail around Upper Moutere.
- For a full day out, how about a drive to French Pass, via the beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
- Drive to Cable Bay, take a walk along the beach or do a bit of sea kayaking, stop at Happy Valley on the way home for some adventure activities & an icecream.
- Visit the WOW and Classic Cars Museum then the Craft Breweries Trail.
- Go fishing with Barry!